O.C.G.A. 160-4-2-.31 (effective 11/24/09)Hospital/Homebound (HHB) Services – academic instruction and other services provided to eligible students who are confined at home or in a health care facility for periods of time that would prevent normal school attendance based upon certification of need by the licensed physician or licensed psychiatrist who is treating the student for the presenting diagnosis.
- HHB Services are available to students who need to be absent from school for a minimum of ten (10) consecutive days because of a non-communicable disease or illness.
- HHB Services must be requested through the school office by the student and parent/guardian.
- A completed written medical referral form signed by a licensed physician or licensed psychiatrist who is currently treating the student for the diagnosis presented must be submitted to the LEA for HHB services to be considered.
- Following approval of HHB services, a meeting will be required including the student, parent/guardian, administration, and all classroom teachers to develop an Educational Service Plan (ESP), discuss services and expectations. The ESP shall include a school re-entry plan.
- A student who is on the Hospital Homebound Program is counted present in school. Work is assigned by the classroom teachers.