Irwin County Elementary School Media Center
Media Specialist - Christie Copeland
Media Assistant - Melba Merritt
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:15 - 2:45 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 8:15 - 2:30 pm
The Media Center offers your children many wonderful services and resources. Students have the opportunity to:
- Develop library and research skills
- Develop a life-long love of reading
- Enjoy Story time
- Visit Book Fairs
- Use laptops and iPads
- Participate in the Accelerated Reader program
ICES Media Center Expectations for Students:
- Enter and leave the Media Center quietly.
- Bring your library card
- No food or drinks in the Media Center
- Use a quiet voice while in the Media Center
- Handle books with care
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- Follow directions from Mrs. Copeland or Mrs. Merritt
- Ask for help when you need it
Number of checkouts per grade level:
- Kindergarten - 1 book (beginning mid-year)
- First Grade - 1 book
- Second Grade - 2 books
- Grades three though five - 3 books
Length of Checkout
- Books are checked out for up to a week at a time. Students with overdue books may not check out any more books until the overdue items are returned.
- Each student eligible to check out books is issued a library card. This card must be brought to the Media Center every time the student comes to check out books.
- Students are expected to be keep up with their library card. It is recommended that each student put his or her card on a lanyard.
- 1st occurrence - $1
- 2nd occurrence - $2
- 3rd occurrence - $3
- Students must pay for lost or damaged books before checking out any other books. Parents will be notified of the cost of the replacement.
Read with your children everyday.
Every 15 minutes can make a difference!