Irwin County Elementary School Media Center
Media Specialist - Christie Copeland
Media Assistant - Kristen Arnold
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:15 - 2:45 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 8:15 - 2:30 pm
The Media Center offers your children many wonderful services and resources. Students have the opportunity to:
- Develop library and research skills
- Develop a life-long love of reading
- Enjoy Story time
- Visit Book Fairs
- Use laptops and iPads
- Participate in the Accelerated Reader program
ICES Media Center Expectations for Students:
- Enter and leave the Media Center quietly.
- Bring your library card
- No food or drinks in the Media Center
- Use a quiet voice while in the Media Center
- Handle books with care
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- Follow directions from Mrs. Copeland or Mrs. Merritt
- Ask for help when you need it
Number of checkouts per grade level:
- Kindergarten - 1 book (beginning mid-year)
- First Grade - 1 book
- Second Grade - 2 books
- Grades three though five - 3 books
Length of Checkout
- Books are checked out for up to a week at a time. Students with overdue books may not check out any more books until the overdue items are returned.
- Each student eligible to check out books is issued a library card. This card must be brought to the Media Center every time the student comes to check out books.
- Students are expected to be keep up with their library card. It is recommended that each student put his or her card on a lanyard.
- 1st occurrence - $1
- 2nd occurrence - $2
- 3rd occurrence - $3
- Students must pay for lost or damaged books before checking out any other books. Parents will be notified of the cost of the replacement.
Read with your children everyday.