- July 20, 2017
- 7:20 – 7:50 am: Students arriving before 7:50 am will report to the cafeteria for breakfast OR go directly to the gym or to their hall to be supervised before reporting to homeroom.
- Supervision is not provided until 7:20 am Parents who drop off students prior to the start of school do so at their own risk.
- 7:50 am: Students report to homeroom.
- 8:00 am: Students must be in homeroom by 8:00 or be considered TARDY. Parents must bring students into office after 8:00.
- 3:00 pm: School day ends. “Pick up” time is 3:00 pm
- “DROP OFF” and “PICK UP” must take place at the front of the building unless otherwise directed.
- The morning drop-off zone is located in the front of the building. Please do not use the side teacher parking lot or other outside doors.
- The afternoon pick-up zone for Pre-K through grade 2 students will be the front of the school. The afternoon pick-up zone for grade 3 through 5 students AND THEIR YOUNGER SIBLINGS will be the side bus lane after bus dismissal.
- All bus/pick up changes for students must be arranged with the front office no later than 2:00 pm.
Faculty & Staff
Holly Tucker, Principal
521 Lax Highway
Ocilla, GA 31774
Holly Tucker, Principal
Dr. Thad Clayton, Superintendent of Schools
A Title I School-wide School
The mission of the Irwin County School System is to CARE:
College and Career Readiness – Academic Support – Relationships – Excellence
Our Vision is to embrace innovation, initiate positive change, and provide an equitable and excellent educational opportunity that prepares all graduates for success in their endeavors.
The Future Starts Here!
- All students can learn.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches including technology to support their learning.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
Toll-Free School Safety Hotline
MAKE THE CALL AND STOP VIOLENCE IN YOUR SCHOOL
The 1-877-SAY-STOP toll- free hotline was created by the Georgia Department of Education. Students can anonymously report anyone who has a weapon, has threatened to bring a weapon to school, or has violated any other school safety rules. The hotline hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after 5 p.m. all calls will be forwarded to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Callers will not be asked to reveal their identities. Make the call; you can make a difference!